Alfred can help manage Homebrew dependencies once the workflow is installed.
Add files, series (folders), and streams (URLs) to your watchlist via the Universal Action.
Search through and play items from your list via the
- ↩: Play.
- ⌃↩: Open the item’s URL in a web browser.
- series: Rescan folder for audiovisual files.
- stream: Download. Requires Download Media.
- ⌘↩: Mark as watched without playing.
- ⇧↩: Add to temporary playlist. Repeat for all desired items then ↩ to play them in order. An unplayed playlist is reset after a few minutes.
- ⌘Y (or tap ⇧): Quick Look files and streams.
Sort your list in different ways with
wls. Sorting is temporary and does not affect the main list’s order.
Manually edit the list via the
wle keyword. Your text editor will open for you to reorder and rename at will. Keep the initial six characters and colon together with your title. Save and quit your editor to apply the changes.
Undo marking an item as watched via the
wlu keyword. ↩ to mark not watched and try to recover from the trash.
If the item has an origin URL (shown in the subtitle):
- ⌘↩: Open URL in a web browser.
- ⌥↩: Copy to the clipboard.
- ⌘Y (or tap ⇧): Quick Look.
There are three types of item: file, series, and stream. Each result has its name as the title. The subtitle details information following a template:
≈ (4) 𐄁 22m 32s 𐄁 691M 𐄁 /Some/Path
≈: Indicates item is a stream.
- file: N/A.
- series: N/A.
- stream: Always present.
(4): Number of elements.
- file: N/A.
- series: Remaining audiovisual files in folder.
- stream: N/A for single items. Count of all items for playlists.
22m 32s: Running time.
- file: Running time of file.
- series: Running time of first audiovisual file in folder.
- stream: Combined running time of all elements.
- file: Size of file.
- series: Size of first audiovisual file in folder.
- stream: N/A.
- file: Path to file.
- series: Path to folder.
- stream: URL.
All media players are supported, but not all are able to play streams. mpv, IINA, and VLC are directly supported. With those, an item is not marked as watched if playback exits with a non-zero code. Take advantage of that to, for example, control when an item is marked as played and trashed. Disable the trashing behaviour entirely in the Workflow’s Configuration.